Where does your name rank in popularity?
This pages links to the US Census Bureau web site, and the figures given are for the 1990 census.
There are three files, one for last names, one for male first names, and one for female first names. Each file contains the names in descending order of popularity (the most common is at the top of the file, the least common at the bottom), and for each name there are four items of information. They are:
An example from the last name file is:
- Frequency in percent
- Cumulative Frequency in percent
- RankMOORE 0.312 5.312 9This indicates that:
Here are the links to the files:
- MOORE ranks 9th in terms of frequency (last field on the right)
- 5.312 percent of the sample population is covered by MOORE and the 8 names occurring more frequently than MOORE.
- The surname, MOORE, is possessed by 0.312 percent of the population sample.
The least common names are:
- Male First Name: Robert
- Female First Name: Mary
- Last Name: Smith
For more information on the statistics, here is a link to the page on Census Buerau web site.
- Male First Name: Alonso
- Female First Name: Allyn
- Last Name: Aalderink
|Copyright © 1997-2020, Scott A. Craig, All Rights Reserved|